Peanut Ball Skills for Birth Workers: Comprehensive Workshop
Positioning for Success: Unlocking the Potential of the Peanut Ball
Comprehensive Peanut Ball Workshop
Presented by Heidi Duncan, Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer
IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS HAVE RETURNED!
Peanut balls originated in physical therapy settings, but are now widely used as a birth support tool.
How many peanut ball positions do you think there are? Do you know why and when to use them?
New content and expanded format for 2023-2024! Get beyond simple side-lying and "the pretzel" during this workshop. Learn the many uses without an epidural as well as with one. (Yes, it's useful for home birth, too!) Understand how to select the proper size ball for the person and position. And much more!
This is an interactive learning experience with opportunities for return demonstration and skills check-off throughout the event. You'll leave with both physical practice and logical principles to guide your future use of the ball in every situation.
In the 6-hour Comprehensive Workshop, you will learn when and why to use the peanut ball, safety guidelines, Essential positions for laboring in and out of bed, posture cues, and keys for remembering the positions. You will then build upon the Essentials with another dozen or more Advanced positions for your toolkit, including those based on birth biomechanics principles working with fetal station and positions. AND SO MUCH MORE!
You'll learn how to integrate concepts you have seen from sources like Spinning Babies, Body Ready Method, or Optimal Maternal Positioning, applying them to real-world birth scenarios.
- Recall essential factors of safe peanut ball use
- Determine the appropriate size of peanut ball to use relative to the birthing person’s body proportions
- Choose the appropriate size of peanut ball to use relative to the position
- Differentiate peanut ball positions to use for each level of fetal descent (inlet, mid-pelvis, outlet)
- Discuss ways to add movement to otherwise stationary peanut ball positions
- Identify peanut ball positions useful for special circumstances such as asynclitism, OP, breech
- Discuss strategies for energy conservation using the peanut ball in labor and postpartum
2024 workshops are being planned now! Want to bring a workshop to your area? Contact me today.
- Request to join the WAITLIST to be notified first when Early Bird tickets become available.
- January 24, 2024 - Memphis, TN (Collierville) - 10 am - 5 pm, includes a 1-hour lunch break
- January 27, 2024 - Nashville, TN (Belle Meade) - 10 am - 5 pm, includes a 1-hour lunch break
- March 8, 2024 - Birmingham, AL- 10 am - 5 pm, includes a 1-hour lunch break
- March 9, 2024 - Montgomery, AL- 10 am - 5 pm, includes a 1-hour lunch break
- March 15, 2024 - Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Register through the Doula Association of Alberta
- March 16, 2024 - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Register through the Doula Association of Alberta
- A limited number of equity seats will be available for BIPOC birth workers. Contact me for details.
- This event is approved for 6 continuing education contact hours through DONA International, approval code #940
- If you select WAITLIST for an event, I'll be in touch when registration opens and you can pay your fee at that time. Please be sure your email is correct!
- If you have questions, contact me at email@example.com.
Full refunds will be available for up to 14 days before the event. Requests made fewer than 14 days prior to the event will be subject to a $50 non-refundable processing fee. Tickets may be transferred to other attendees or to future workshops. Eligible refunds will be processed within 30 days of the scheduled event date. If the event is canceled, registrants will be contacted via the email address and phone numbers they provided when paying the workshop fee online and will be issued a full refund.