Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class - Hybrid In-person & Online Learning
Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class
Are you looking for a childbirth class in Middle TN that gives you the flexibility of online learning, but also the support of in-person connections?
By taking the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will not only learn the evidence for your birth options in an online class, but you’ll also get to meet in-person with an experienced instructor and other parents in the Nashville / Clarksville area who are going through pregnancy and birth just like you! This class is limited to only 4 couples.
This Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is taught by Heidi Duncan, CBD(CBI), APBT. Heidi Duncan is a Childbirth Educator and Certified Birth Doula who has been teaching Evidence Based Birth® classes to parents and professionals since 2015!
In-Person and Online Class
- We will have our first and last classes in-person, and you will do the rest of your learning online!
- For the online learning portion, you and your partner will watch class videos on your computer or phone
- For every video you watch on your own, you’ll earn points towards fun prizes!
- You’ll have access to the Instructor during weekly Zoom sessions (video chat). We’ll pick the weekly date/time for our online meetings based on the group’s availability
- First in-person class is Sunday, April 8 from 2 - 4 pm
- Extra practice class for deluxe registrants is Sunday, April 29 from 2 - 4 pm
- Last in-person class is Sunday, May 20 from 2 - 4 pm
- The in-person sessions meet at an easy access location in Clarksville: Holistic Health Center, 894 Hwy 76, Suite 104 (I-24 @ Exit 11)
- A final “birth story” reunion class is included– get a chance to debrief after your birth in a safe space (this is really important!)
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
Both standard and deluxe registration includes the in-person classes, weekly Zoom video chats with your Instructor, access to your lessons online at the Evidence Based Birth® Academy, a PDF library, and a reunion “birth story” class. If you choose the “deluxe” option, you will get 6 months access to the online portion plus a an extra in-person practice session.
One ticket is good for both the pregnant parent and their chosen support person. Your doula is also invited to attend any of our in-person sessions, if you have a doula! We will provide incentives for doing the out-of-class work.
In this class, we focus on comfort, evidence, and advocacy. These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with Hospital Staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Will I Learn how to have a Natural Birth?
Evidence Based Birth® believes that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If you want a natural birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to have a natural birth. If you need an epidural or Cesarean, we’ll cover how you can be empowered that way, too!
Choose the package that works best for you!
**The first two couples to register get $35 off their registration fee (either deposit or pay in full) by using the coupon code "EarlyBird"**
- Standard package: Includes 3-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook community, two in-person classes, and a reunion.
- Deluxe package: Includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook community, two in-person classes, an extra in-person class to practice advanced comfort measures, and a reunion.
Should you wish to pay with cash or check, please contact Heidi at email@example.com.
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Heidi Duncan.
If you have questions for me, just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 615.710.7077.