Are you looking for a childbirth class in Middle TN that gives you the flexibility of online learning, but also the support of in-person connections?
By taking the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will not only learn the evidence for your birth options in an online class, but you’ll also get to meet in-person with an experienced instructor and other parents in the Nashville / Clarksville area who are going through pregnancy and birth just like you! This class is limited to only 4 couples.
This Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is taught by Heidi Duncan, CBD(CBI), APBT. Heidi Duncan is a Childbirth Educator and Certified Birth Doula who has been teaching Evidence Based Birth® classes to parents and professionals since 2015!
In-Person and Online Class
• You'll begin with an Orientation and Assessment in the online classroom.
• We will have our First and Last classes in-person, and you will do the rest of your learning online
• For the online learning portion - Online weeks 1-5 - you and your partner will watch class videos on your computer or phone, on your own schedule
• For every video you watch on your own and each rehearsal / practice you complete, you’ll earn points towards fun prizes!
• You’ll have access to your Instructor during weekly Zoom sessions (video conference). We’ll choose the weekly date/time for our online meetings based on the group’s availability.
• The in-person sessions for groups meet at an easy access location in Clarksville: Holistic Health Center, 894 Hwy 76, Suite 104 (I-24 @ Exit 11). For private sessions, these will be done in your home.
• A final “birth story” reunion class is included– get a chance to debrief after your birth in a safe space. (This is really important!)
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
Both standard and deluxe registration includes the in-person classes, weekly Zoom video chats with your Instructor, access to your lessons online at the Evidence Based Birth® Academy, a PDF library, and a reunion “birth story” class. If you choose the “deluxe” option, you will get 6 months access to the online portion plus an extra in-person practice session.
One ticket is good for both the pregnant parent and their chosen support person. Your doula is also invited to attend any of our in-person sessions, if you have a doula! We will provide incentives for doing the out-of-class work.
In this class, we focus on comfort, evidence, and advocacy. These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
• How your Partner can be your Advocate
• Evidence Based Care
• Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
• Comfort Measures
• Stages of Labor
• Navigating the Healthcare System
• Providers (Models of Care)
• Communicating with Hospital Staff
• Know your Rights
• Pain Relief
• Labor Rehearsal
• Postpartum Discussion
• Newborn Procedures
• Baby Care
Will I Learn how to have a Natural Birth?
Evidence Based Birth® believes that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If you want a natural birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to have a natural birth. If you need an epidural or Cesarean, we’ll cover how you can be empowered that way, too!
Choose the package that works best for you!
• Standard package: Includes 3-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook community, two in-person classes, and a reunion. $190
• Deluxe package: Includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook community, two in-person classes, an extra in-person class to practice advanced comfort measures, and a reunion. $220
Should you wish to pay by cash or check, please contact me.
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Heidi Duncan.
If you have questions for me, just contact me online or text 615.710.7077.
Is it weird that I want to be pregnant just so I can take the class again?
The class gave me education and confidence and strengthened my passion for having a natural birth. It also allowed me to make educated decisions during my labor when complications arose. It was the best money we spent in preparation for our baby.
Pregnancy and labor are designed by God, not doctors. This was my third pregnancy and I was determined to have a natural labor. This class really instilled the faith I needed to let my baby come on his own.
The curriculum went beyond teaching me what to physically do to prepare for labor and birth. It nourished my soul and encouraged me to trust in God's perfect plan. I was able to labor naturally, without fear, because of the confidence and faith that I gained through the class.
Sometimes a regular class simply doesn't fit with your crazy schedule or your learning needs. Maybe you prefer to learn in the comfort of your home and want to discuss your individual circumstances in greater depth. My private sessions are designed to fill that space.
One of the perks of these sessions, whether you schedule one or six, is that we can plan it according to your availability. We can meet on Monday night one week and on Thursday night the next. It's up to you. I'm generally available to teach on weeknights or weekends but can schedule weekday sessions upon request.
Private in-home birth prep classes are $125 for a 2-3 hour session. Private sessions are held in the client's home with one-on-one — or rather one-on-two — instruction, focusing the content on their specific situation. We work together to fit the sessions to your schedule and focus on the content specifically according to your needs.
I'll create a Custom class series that meets your unique needs. Whether it is for one couple or a group, we can make something work — VBAC-focused, comfort measures, weekend sessions, refreshers and random schedules can all be accommodated. All you have to do is ask.
Do you have friends who are also expecting? Arrange for a private group session, open only to the couples you invite. Private Group Classes are $375 per couple for the 6-week series and materials, with a minimum of 3 couples required. A host home with suitable seating, wifi internet access, and an HDMI-equipped television (for use with Google Chromecast) are necessary. Snacks to be provided by students. Contact me to schedule.